The objective of the consultancy:
The objective of the consultancy is to provide Save the Children with clear and feasible project proposals, and evidence based research, to deliver integrated multi-sector ECCD
& Nurturing Care programming in Cambodia.
The consultancy will have a dual track:
A. Investigate and promote a cross-sectoral approach to early years stimulation, protection, and health and nutrition programming – identifying the potential pathways for integrated ECCD services for children from conception to age 3y.o across multiple sectors. Key deliverables will include a report mapping potential ‘entry points’ for cross-sector ECCD programming, and analyzing the common threads in Ministerial strategy documents and current service delivery mechanisms for ECCD – including a national learning and dissemination workshop.
B. Working with the SCI team, produce an evidence based and complete project proposal that leverages pathways for integrated multi-sector ECCD that will be implemented in the coming three years in Cambodia, with high impact and learning, as well as supporting project managers with expenditure tracking on the integrated multi-sector initiative
• Experience in research, analysis and mapping approaches and opportunities for Integrated Programming
• Demonstrated success in project/proposal development and donor engagement
• High level (at least 5 years) of technical expertise and demonstrated experience in child development programming and policy development – especially ECD, nutrition, and
• Strong knowledge and network in international and regional ECCD, Education, Nutrition and Child Protection fora.
• Demonstrated experience in delivering technical support to projects, ideally in Cambodia.
• High level of profession writing – reports, concepts and proposals.
• Experience in sector networking, mobilization and coalition building.
• Demonstrated ability to work cross culturally, and with a range of stakeholders, including government.
• An internationally recognized Masters degree in a relevant area (development, nutrition, social work, ECD, etc.).
• Experience working in Cambodia, and ability to operate in Khmer, is a considerable advantage.
Contract length: 6 months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested candidates are invited to submit to Save the Children Cambodia via [email protected] by the 18 June 2018. Applicants should submit the following:
• A summarized CV outlining relevant experience;
• A short technical proposal addressing the selection criteria,
• A budget, outlining proposed expenses and rates;
• A writing sample from similar/related work.
Applications will be assessed upon receipt. Closing date for application is 18th June 2018.
A copy of the full role profile can be found at http://cambodia.savethechildren.net or https://www.facebook.com/SavetheChildreninCambodia
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
More detail about Save the Children in Cambodia please go through this link: https://cambodia.savethechildren.net/about-us