Save the Children is a child rights organization. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. In collaboration with the Royal Government of Cambodia, recognised for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families to help themselves. Save the Children focuses on five thematic areas: Education, Child protection, Child rights governance, DRR&CCA Emergency and Health. DRR/CCA is integrated into education.
Save the Children is looking for a qualified and motivated candidate to work as Counterpart to Senior Technical Assistant for Basic Education based in Kampong Cham province.
The duration of the consultancy will be two months.
Scope of work and qualifications:
• Translate the training documents produced by the Senior Education Technical Assistant and edit them from English into Khmer in the form of a Handbook;
• Support in developing the teacher training materials such as teaching literacy, life skills and formative and summative assessments in literacy and life skills;
• Support in training activities such as workshop programmes, workshop reports, follow up workshop action points;
• Collect documents of action research activities from teachers, DoEs, PoEs and MoEYS;
• Support in developing the document on Teacher Training Strategies to be produced by Senior Education Technical Assistant.
• Higher degree in Education or equivalent experience;
• Extensive experience in the education and development sector;
• Extensive experience in curriculum and material development for teacher training, particularly for primary level
• Long-term experience in teacher training, particularly in primary level
• Deep knowledge and understanding about the Cambodian Education system, its history, current policies, practices and structures
• Good writing skills and good communication skills
• Fluent English and Khmer
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application and CV highlighting relevant experience and a work plan including budgeting to the Human Resources Team at Save the Children no later than 17.00 on 20 October 2014.
A detailed Terms of Reference is available from our website or at the address below. Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Electronic submission via email or our website is strongly encouraged. Qualified women and disabled candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and called for interviews. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
Save the Children: P.O. Box 34, Villa 5, Street 242, SangkatChaktomouk, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Phone: (855) 12 777 482,(855) 23 223 403/4/5/6, CCC Box 59,
Email: [email protected] / website:http://cambodia.savethechildren.net