Plant Protection and Quarantine Strategic Development Plan 2020-2025
Title: Plant Protection and Quarantine Strategic Development Plan Consultants
Location: Phnom Penh
Duration of Assignment: The assignment will be conducted over 10 months
1) Local consultant: Up to 30 days
2) International/regional consultant: Up to 20 days
Description: The USAID-funded Feed the Future Cambodia Harvest II project under collaboration with Department of Plant Protection Sanitary and Phytosanitary (DPPSPS) of General Directorate of Agriculture (GDA) is seeking one local and one international and/or regional consultant to work as a team to assist DPPSPS/GDA in formulating its Plant Protection and Quarantine Strategic Development Plan 2020-2025.
The selected candidates will provide strategic technical skills in the design and formulation of Protection and Quarantine Strategic Development Plan 2020-2025, including, but not limited to, conducting consultation meetings and workshops with relevant ministries, development partners, private sector partners, and society organizations. He/she will work closely with the Cambodia Harvest II staff and working group of DPPSPS.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will:
1) Review the documents provided by Cambodia Harvest II, DPPSPS, and working group to understand the 1) context and relevant issues.
2) Review functions and roles of DPPSPS under GDA.
3) Review the status of plant protection and quarantine in the country and need for action.
4) Take part in conducting in-depth consultations with select government entities.
5) Produce an Inception Report that includes work plan, timeline, and an outline of the plant protection and quarantine strategic development plan 2020-2025 for broad based consultations with relevant stakeholders.
6) Develop a draft of plant protection and quarantine strategic development plan 2020-2025 by solicit feedbacks/inputs from the consultation workshops at subnational level by DATES.
7) Present the draft plant protection and quarantine strategic development plan 2020-2025 and solicit additional feedbacks/inputs first from GDA/MAFF; second from donor representatives and national policy makers in Phnom Penh.
8) Finalize the plant protection and quarantine strategic development plan 2020-2025 document based on feedback and submit for review by USAID/Cambodia, and then for approval from GDA/MAFF.
9) Prepare plant protection and quarantine guidelines in consultation with DPPSPS and to be reviewed and approved by GDA/MAFF.
10) Take part in consultation preparations, moderations, and group discussions
Required Skills and Qualifications
Required qualifications are as follows:
• A master’s degree or higher in Agriculture Science, or similar field.
• Full fluency in English.
• Data analysis and interpretation skills
• Good report writing skills
• Proven capacity to work in a team effectively and deliver under tight timelines;
• Experience leading multi-stakeholder consultations with government and other stakeholders
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV and cover letter by February 22, 2019 at 5.00pm to [email protected]. Please indicate “Plant Protection and Quarantine Strategic Development Plan Consultants” in the email subject line.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.