MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, YOUTH AND SPORT
HIGHER EDUCATION IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
CREDIT NO.: 6221-KH
The Higher Education Improvement Project (HEIP) was approved by the World Bank on April 26, 2018 and became effective on 17 September 2018. The HEIP activities are funded by an International Development Association (IDA) Credit of US$ 90.0 million equivalent and US$2.5 million from the Royal Government of Cambodia. It is expected to be implemented over a 6-year period – starting in July 2018 and ending in June 2024. The project aims to strengthen higher education systems and support the development of legislation for autonomous HEIs. The project is now seeking an International Technical Advisor for Project Management and Coordination
II. Contract Duration
The Advisor will be contracted for a period of 46 months from the contract signing date, with the possibility of extension depending on the satisfactory performance, the need of the project, and fund availability. The contract is subject to a probation period of three months. Performance will be evaluated annually in addition to the assessment at the probation period. The results of the performance review will be discussed by the Procurement Review Committee (PRC) when considering contract extension. The International T.A will work daily under the direction of the Project Manager and in conjunction with chiefs of relevant project components.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required
1. A post-graduate degree in a related field from an internationally recognized Higher Education Institution;
2. At least 10 years international work experience in program/ project management, including a minimum of 5 years in projects funded by international development partners such as the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, etc.
3. Evidence of capacity building experience, i.e. on-the-job training for counterpart staff/peers;
4. Recognized quality performance in education project management;
5. Excellent written English communication skills to deliver complex technical documents, reports, papers and recommendations to the project;
6. Proven monitoring and evaluation skills;
7. Ability to compile and produce high quality reports;
8. Demonstrated competency in the use of MS-Word, MS-Excel, and other relevant computer software;
9. Experience of working in Cambodia in projects/programs would be an asset.
How to Apply
The Ministry of Education Youth and Sport invites expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced individual consultants to undertake the above-mentioned services. The Individual Consultant will be selected in accordance with World Bank Procurement Regulations for Borrowers under Investment Project Financing (IPF) dated July 1, 2016, revised November 2017 and the Kingdom of Cambodia’s Updated Procurement Manual for all Externally Financed Projects/Programs, promulgated pursuant to Sub-Decree 74 on Promulgating the Updated Standard Procedures for Implementing all Externally Financed Projects/Programs, dated May 22, 2012 and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the guidelines.
In submitting their expressions of interest, the interested candidates are kindly requested to provide their updated curriculum vitae, indicating their personal and technical skills, academic qualifications, and experience in similar assignments, along with the names of at least three (3) referees with contact information (e-mail address, telephone or fax numbers).
Interested candidates may obtain copies of the detailed Terms of Reference (in English) for the assignment from the address or e mail below during office hours from 8:00 to 12:00 and from 13:30 to 17:30 hours, Monday through Friday, except public holidays. Expressions of interest must be submitted to the address below by email or hard copy, no later than 10 February 2020 before 17:30 hours:
Mr. Chey Sith
Deputy Director General of Administration and Finance, MoEYS
and Project Procurement Officer, HEIP
Ministry of Education Youth and Sport
Address: 2nd Floor, Street 380, Sangkat Boeng Keng Kang I, Khan Chamkar Morn, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Phone (855) 23 215 202, Phone: (855) 23 220 412/220 927
Email: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]