Position: Country Director - CAMBODIA
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Category: Full Time
Deadline for Applications: 24 August 2018
Water.org is a U.S. based non-governmental organization working to increase access to water supply and sanitation (WSS). Water.org has been in operation since 1990, implementing sustainable and scalable WSS programs in conjunction with local partners including Financial Institutions (FIs), NGOs, and WSS service providers. Water.org has pioneered its WaterCredit initiative over the last several years, which works by building the capacity of carefully selected local financial institutions (FIs) to offer affordable financing for WSS facilities. We have been pioneering market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis for more than 25 years, giving women hope, children health and communities a future.For more information about Water.org, please visit: www.water.org
Water.org seeks an outstanding leader as Country Director for Cambodia who will drive significant impact and help transform lives.S/he will lead execution of the new five-year country strategy, building and sustaining partnerships that mobilize capital for water supply and sanitation (WSS) for those in need. S/he represents Water.org and its interests with government, business, and sector leaders in country, promoting change that will help realize our impact.
The Country Director is responsible for overall management of the country office, including oversight of operations, finance, and administrative functions, as applicable. S/he will build an in-country team that is equipped and supported to rapidly scale impact from partnerships and related initiatives. The CD will be responsible to ensure adequate systems for capturing learning and emerging practices to test and validate internal and external innovation.
• 10 years relevant experience required, with at least 7 years at the senior leadership level. Minimum of 7 years as a people manager required.
• Experience in a high-growth environment required.
• Depth of knowledge in development finance, capital markets, blended finance, and/or innovative financial mechanisms.
• Experience managing and expanding successful collaborative and/or philanthropic partnerships required.
• Demonstrated understanding of government engagement as a tool for change, fluency with nationalpolicy and regulatory environments, and success working within these environments and in influencing change.
• Demonstrated proficiency in facilitation and capacity building skills to ensure collaboration and linkages between staff, donors, partners, and stakeholders.
• Master’s degree in businesspreferred. Additional relevant certifications also considered.
• Fluency in English (oral and written) and Khmer.
For the detail of job description for this position, please visit: www.water.org and bongthom.com
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to send a copy of their CV and a cover letter by 24 August 2018 to: [email protected]