Save the Children's mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Save the Children programs focus on Education, Health, Child Rights Governance, Child Protection and Humanitarian. We work with government partners and local NGOs to improve children's live especially marginalized and disadvantaged children. Save the Children is looking for a qualified and motivated national candidate to fill in the position of Director Support Services based in Phnom Penh with occasional travel to the field.
The Purpose of the Role
As a member of the Cambodia Senior Management Team (SMT) the role holder shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO). The post holder will be accountable to the Country Director for the provision of effective Finance, HR, IT, Logistics.Administration and Safety/Security services in both emergencies and development programming contexts. He/she will lead a team of functional senior managers in ensuring that these services are aligned and compliant with SCI global standards, policies and practices.The position also plays a key role in effectively supporting program implementation activities in line with the annual and country strategic plans. As a senior member of theSMT the post holder will have proven track record and considerable years of experience in at least 3 of the functional areas particularly in finance and/or human resources management.
• Recommended a minimum of 7 years (not, however, a requirement) management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience in the development of strategic and operational support services plans and their implementation in a professional work environment over a sustained period of time
• Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts
• Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
• Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate skills in leading a multi- disciplined team through a period of change
• Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate qualified professional staff with strong personal value systems
• Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
• Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff
• Team building skills
• Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS Office
• A commitment to the values and principles of Save the Children
• Experience of exposure to developing countries
• High level of commitment to the principles of development and to the organizational and programmatic goals of Save the Children
How to apply
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://cambodia.savethechildren.net or at the address below. Interested applicants are requested to submit a CV and cover letter to [email protected] or post at Save the Children office.
The deadline for application is 29 February 2016 at 17.00.
Previous applicants need not to re-apply.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and people with disability are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview. Submitted documents will not be returned.
Save the Children: P.O. Box 34,Villa 5, Street 242, Sangkat Chaktomouk, Khan Daun Penh Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Phone: (855) 23 223 403/4/5/6, CCC Box 59, Email: [email protected] / website: http://cambodia.savethechildren.net