The Cambodia Development Resource Institute (CDRI),Cambodia’s leading independent development policy research institute, is calling for applications from suitably qualified people to take up the position of Executive Director by early 2020. CDRI works in the fields of agriculture, economics, education, environment,and governance, including the major cross-cutting issues of sustainability, poverty reduction, governance and institutional arrangements, gender equity, climate change adaptation, and science and technology development.
The Executive Director is the chief executive officer of CDRI, accountable to its independent Board of Directors, staff, and stakeholders for all aspects of CDRI’s strategic leadership, management, financial governance and performance. The successful candidate will be a dynamic high achieving senior professional who meets the following core selection criteria:
• Proven and successful track record of leadership and strategic management in a senior management role with a comparable research institution;
• Strong track record in resource mobilisation, partnership building and networking;
• Excellent knowledge of Cambodia, its development needs and regional and global contexts;
• Excellent knowledge of current socioeconomic development trends and policy issues in Cambodia and its region;
• Recognised postgraduate qualifications, a PhD in a field related to CDRI’s research priorities is required;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural sensitivity, representation and communication skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Fluency in Khmer and Englishis required;
• Confident, articulate and professional speaking abilities and experience;
• Proven capacity to oversee major funding decisions;
• Record of strong personal integrity and political neutrality;
• Demonstrated leadership and capacity to engage and work in partnership with government, development partners, the research community, the private sector and NGOs.
• A Cambodian citizen is desirable.
• Woman candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
For a detailed position statement, selection criteria and further information about CDRI, go to www.cdri.org.kh. Please send your application, together with copies of relevant supporting documents and the contact details of two referees who have specific knowledge of your work and professional history, by email to [email protected] by 30 November 2019.Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.