Indochina Starfish Foundation (ISF) is an international charity operating in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. ISF believes that every child, regardless of where they were born, has the right to education, healthcare and sport. We seek to make a fundamental and long-lasting positive change in the lives of some of the most disadvantaged children and their families in Cambodia through an education and healthcare programme as well as grassroots football activities.
ISF is currently recruiting one qualified and experienced candidate for the post of Head of Employment Programme ($1,600-1,800/month plus benefits), and one Communications Officer ($1,300-$1,500/month plus benefits) at our education centre based in Phnom Penh.
Head of Employment Programme
The aim of the ISF’s Employment Programme is to help ISF students obtain employment to match their skills, abilities and interests whilst providing them with sufficient income, opportunities for progression, and job satisfaction to ensure the sustainability of their livelihoods. The Head of Employment Programme will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of the ISF Employment Programme to include the development and implimentation of soft-skill curriculum at ISF, ensuring its effective delivery and intended results.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
• Develop soft-skill training curriculum and materials and train staff in its delivery.
• Integrate soft-skills development into the wider educational curriculum
• Develop and provide career guidance and counselling to students
• Identify quality vocational training schools and employers, and build structure and formal relationships
• Undertake research into the needs of employers on an ongoing basis
• Monitor and evaluate the programme in order to measure impact and facilitate learning and development
• Develop a better understanding of how to improve students’ motivation and determination to thrive in education and work.
• Increase employment support provided to the students’ parents
• Relevant bachelor degree
• At least 5 years’ experience in the design or delivery of soft-skills training, employability training, internships and job placements.
• Excellent project and staff management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High level of accountability, strong initiative and decision-making skills
• Demonstrates a high level of self-awareness and ability to resolve problems in a calm and proactive way
• Well-developed IT skills. Competence with all MS Office packages, email and internet
Application Information: Interested candidates should send CV and covering letter including the details of two professional references to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
The Communications Officer will be a part of the ISF Development Team, responsible for the creation of on and off-line written and visual content to promote the organisation and increase engagement with new and existing supporters, maintaining and updating ISF’s various communications platforms (including website and social media), ensuring brand consistency andbringing new and fresh ideas on how to effectively engage new and existing supporters through a wide range of strategies.
• Assisting in planning, developing and implementing communication strategies
• Creating and managing fundraising campaigns
• Creation of marketing materials, online content and media
• Maintaining the organisation’s website, and social media platforms and content
• Developing ISF’s presence on- and offline through materials and events
• Marketing and promotion of ISF Sports Ground to potential external users
• Assisting in data verification, on all reports and information products prepared by the organisation
• Ensuring strong and consistent branding across the organisation
Skills and experience required:
• Native or fluent English speaker, able to write high quality communications and content for a wide range of audiences
• Minimum one year experience in a communications orrelatedrole
• Demonstrable experience in social media management and/or marketing
• Ability to create written and visual online content for website and social media including video
• Experience in creating and/or managing fundraising campaigns
• Excellent organisation and time management skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines
• Comfortable meeting new people and be able to positively impress and motivate ISF’s current and potential partners
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include written reports
• Flexibility and able to manage several projects simultaneously
• Adaptable and able to work effectively in a multi-cultural team
• Strong IT skills to include Word Press, InDesign (or similar) and Microsoft Office
• Experience of working within and promoting brand guidelines
• Experience of working in Cambodia or a similar context
Interested candidates should send CV and covering letter including the details of two professional references to Gráinne LeFevre at [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
ISF follows a strict Child Protection Policy. All applicants will be thoroughly screened and will be expected to attend child protection training if hired.