The U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh is seeking an individual for the Immigration Visa (IV) Assistant position for the Consular Affairs Office.
The incumbent serves in the Immigration Visa (IV) Unit under the Consular Officer in charge of the team and the Visa Supervisor, performing the full range of IV services for Cambodian IV cases. The jobholder also serves on a rotational basis with the Non-Immigrant Visa (NIV) Unit for the full range of NIV case processing. S/he receives visa applications and supporting documents, prescreens cases, advises officers on Cambodia cultural and social issues, processes applications, deals with correspondence and explains the visa process to members of the public and provides interpretation for American officers when needed.
Salary: The annual salary range for this position is USD 9,404 – 14,578.
1. Completion of High School is required.
2. Two years of progressively responsible experience involving the application of complex regulatory material, along with experience in dealing with the public is required.
3. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Khmer are required. Language proficiency will be tested.
4. Must have general office management practices and basic computer skills.
5. Ability to deal with customers with patience and tact and to work under pressure.
The application deadline is August 6, 2015. Interested candidates must submit applications by email to [email protected] using the “Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174)” form. The application form and complete details on this position can be found at http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.
Note: All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.