The role of MRC is to promote and coordinate sustainable management and development of water and related resources for the countries’ mutual benefit and the people’s well-being
MRC Secretariat is now recruiting a highly qualified consultant for the following consultancy
Consultant Type : Individual Consultant
Work location : Office of the Secretariat in Vientiane, Lao PDR
Division: : Office of Chief Executive Officer (OCEO)
Duration/Contract type: 1 year / Service Contract
The internal auditor is to provide independent assurance that an organisation’s risk management, governance and control processes are operating effectively. Based on the risk based internal audit assessment performed on Phase 1 of the Project activating an internal audit activity in MRC, an Internal Audit Plan was prepared and approved by the CEO and the Enterprise Risk Assessment that performed by KPMG.
• Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, Law and other relevant fields;
• Global Professional qualification preferred e.g. CIA, IIA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent;
• TOEIC certificate with 600 points and over is required;
• Senior role: 4 years auditing experience, through public accounting/auditing (Big 4 a plus);
• Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to influence at all levels;
• Strong attention to detail and a proven track record of meeting deadlines;
• Considerable experience in developing and executing Internal Audit Plans using a risk based approach;
• High level written and oral communication skills;
• Experience auditing the government departments and NGOs is (desirable);
The Terms of Reference and other information can be obtained from the MRC website http://www.mrcmekong.org/working-with-mrc/employment/ and https://www.facebook.com/Mekong-River-Commission-165798426775632/timeline/. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, (iii) online MRC Personal History Form, and (IV) financial proposal. The position title/Division must be indicated in the cover letter.
The application should be sent to: