Communication Associate (GS-6) Fixed-Term, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
For every child, effective advocacy.
How can you make a difference?
In line with the Global Communication Strategy and UNICEF Cambodia’s advocacy and communication priorities as well as donor visibility and recognition requirements, this post will contribute to the communication section’s editorial planning, content coordination and creation, social and digital media management, audience reach and engagement, particularly young people, by supporting the Chief of Communication and working closely with both programme and communication team members.
• Supports the Chief of Communication in the development and implementation of the digital and social media strategy for audience engagement (especially young people) around child rights advocacy, public information, and donor recognition and engagement.
• Supports youth engagement and participation activities, including facilitating working with influencers such as celebrities and bloggers to reach youth, build UNICEF brand and strengthen advocacy messaging and audience engagement.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
• Completion of Bachelor’s degree preferably in the area of communication, media, journalism or social science. Specialized training in content creation of digital media would be an asset. Specialized training in social media management platform use would be an asset.
• Two years of experience in communications, content creation, editorial planning and social media management including planning and implementation.
• Experience in writing, editing and proofing web content; visual design skills.
• Hands-on experience and use of several social media platforms and tools including Facebook, Blogger, Medium, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Knowledge of Google analytics, search engine optimization (SEO), and email marketing.
• Evidence of using digital media to communicate and engage with a variety of audiences.
• Photography and videography skills are highly desirable.
• Prior communication experience with UN or NGOs would be an asset.
• Fluent in Khmer, strong command of English
The detailed job descriptions are available in the link provided and if you are interested and meet the profiles, please submit an application through http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=513083
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male
candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to be part of the organization.