Ministry of Education Youth and Sport (MoEYS) is seekig for a qualified and result-oriented invidual to fill the vacancy below.
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor to support the development and harmonisation of School-Based Management (SBM) training package and implementation modules.
Location: SBM Secretariat,Teacher Training Department of MoEYS, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Duration:Full time, 6 (six) months, starting from June 15, 2018 to 14 December 2018.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall technical and leadership guidance of the chair of SBM Technical Committee and direct supervision of SBM Secretariat and in close coordination with technical departmments,UNICEF’s CDPF team, the SeniorTechnical Advisor (TA) is responisble for:
• Reviewing and mapping out the existing SBM training package and develop a harmonized SBM implementation modules and SBM training package which includes School Improvement Fund (SIF) manual,SBM implementation plan and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) tools;
• Supporting SBM Secretariat to develop SBM training plan and SBM training delivery. This includes the training of SBM national core trainers and trainers and school directors with high quality;
• Providing technical support to SBM Secretariat and trainers to develop SBM training plan, M&E tools to monitor and assesse the result of training, pre-test and post-test, evaluation questionnaires and prepare quality SBM training report;
• To Providing technical support to SBM Secretariat and trainers to monitor and support the implementation of SBM at school level to ensure that schools are able to develop and implement the standardised school development and budget in line with SBM implementation modules;
• Supporting SBM Technical Committee and SBM Secretariat to prepare inputs to be presented and discussed in SBM Secretariat meetings, SBM Technical Committee meetings and Steering Committee meetings; and
• Providing technical support to SBM Secretariat to organise study visits for school directors;
Requirements (Qualification and Experience)
• Advanced University Degree in Education Management, Planning and Financing or related fields;
• At least ten (10) years’ experience in education related project management, including planning and financing with the Government and/or International Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and/or United Nations agencies;
• Experience and knowledge of education sector and education reform in Cambodia;
• Experience in School-Based Management (SBM) projects, especially in Cambodian context and/or in other similar contexts;
• Knowledge in capacity building experience, including conducting, training of trainers, training for school teachers, on-the-job training for government counterpart will be an asset; and
• Excellent written English communication skills to deliver technical documents, reports, papers, training materials, etc.;
Interested candidates shall send their letter of expression of interest together with up-to-date CV or Resume to SBM Secretariate which is located at Teacher Trainig Deparment of MoEYS, No. 133,Street Preah Norodom Sangkat Chaktomuk Khan Doun Penh, Phnom Penh, or send to: [email protected] and Mobile (+855) 12 359 580. Application must be submitted by 14 June 2018 at 5:00pm.