The Department of Policy is a newly established department envisioning a center of excellence in education policy formulation, monitoring, research in order to improve quality and equity in education in Cambodia. It contributes to achieving the overall vision of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, which is to “establish and develop human resources of the highest quality and ethically sound in order to develop a knowledge-based society within Cambodia.”
I. PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Department of Policy is working on developing an EquityFocused Primary Scholarship Framework for the national primary education scholarship programme of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport. The main purpose of this framework is to strengthen the equity dimensions of the national primary scholarship scheme’s policy settings and to provide the guiding structure to which programmes are designed and implemented. The Department of Policy is seeking one qualified International Consultant to develop theScholarship Framework.
The International Consultant has the following responsibilities:
• Review the existing scholarship program, key background document, research studies or evaluations of the program to understand the context of the program operate and literature research;
• Research and analyze emerging legislative and regulatory issues and the best practices of scholarship policy or programsin other countries;
• Design research tools and lead field visits to collect data;
• Analyze and interpret data for drafting Equity Focused Scholarship Framework;
• Design and lead consultative workshops;
• Produce the draft of Equity Focused Scholarship Framework;
• Develop final draft of Equity Focused Scholarship Framework and submit for approval;
• Perform other tasked assigned by the Department.
III. SELECTION CRITERIA:
Qualifications and Experiences:
• Advanced university degree in education, social sciences, international development or related technical field in relation to scholarship programmes;
• At least 10 years of professional work experience in education, social protection or other related discipline;
• Experience in conducting evidence-based analysis using mixed methods approaches;
• Experience working with Cambodian Government and counterparts providing technical support on equity-based matters in the education sector;
• Demonstrated experience providing good quality written inputs in English, working to deadlines;
• Demonstrated experience in equity, gender equality and human rights analysis is a distinct advantage; and
• Experience working with UN or other international or national development organizations.
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills
• Familiarity with the education sector in Cambodia and MoEYS policies and programmes, including scholarships strongly preferred;
• Knowledge and experience with scholarships programming, including costing elements;
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the work place; and
• Excellent command of English including writing and presentation skills.
IV. CONTRACT DURATION:
The International Consultant will be contracted full-time a maximum of44 working days starting from the middle of September 2018 tothe end of March 2019. The consultant should be working in Cambodia for an estimated 31 days during the consultancy. The position will be based primarily at Department of Policy office in Phnom Penh, with occasional travels to provinces for field visits, data collection, and workshops.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply and submit the following documents to Mr. Nov Saovorak via [email protected] or upload the documents to http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/
1. Letter of Interest (cover letter) with indication of applicant’s ability, availability and start date
2. CV or Resume with explaining how your background and experience are relevant to the consultancy work assignment and the qualifications, competencies, knowledge and skills
3. Lump sum financial proposal that should include indicative daily rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above and travel costs and accommodation related to the 33 days mission in Cambodia. Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered.
4. Example of applicant’s Performance evaluation reports or references of similar consultancy assignments or other references of similar consultancy assignments (if available).
The deadline for applications is August 31, 2018 at 5:00PM (Cambodian time). Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.