The Phnom Penh Post is seeking a full-time photo editor to oversee the photography used in the Phnom Penh Post, its website and other Post Media publications.
● Coordinate daily assignments and track deadlines
● Assign longer-term photo projects and enterprise stories to staff
● Review, edit and archive photos
● Coordinate with editor and other editorial team members to identify photography needs
● Manage photography staff and freelancers
● Train photographers and other members of the editorial team
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
● Manage assignments, equipment, archives, training and scheduling
● Ensure all assignments are shot and edited to meet daily deadlines for print, online and social media
● Assist in photo selection and caption writing
● Edit photos to achieve highest quality using the appropriate tools and journalistic ethics for use in print and online, particularly photo-heavy digital displays
● Work with reporters to obtain supplied images and write appropriate captions
● Ensure all photo equipment is kept in good condition and necessary supplies are ordered
● Work with editors, photographers and collaborate with other departments, including advertising
● Stay up to date with new image editing technologies
● Serve as a project manager for special exhibits
● Five years of experience as a photojournalist with deadline experience in the field
● Strong photo editing skills and demonstrated work through portfolio
● Experience with digital technology and photo editing software, including Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
● Thorough knowledge of computer imaging, photographic techniques, studio management and color composition
● Creative mind with an eye for detail and storytelling skills
● Time-management and leadership skills
● Scheduling flexibility as job includes some day, evening and weekend shifts
● The ability to work as a leader and team player
● Good communication skills in spoken and written English, Khmer language strongly preferred
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, link to photo portfolio and expected salary no later than 5:00 p.m. on May 9, 2018 to Human Resources & Administration Department.
Address: Phnom Penh Center, Building H, Unit 888, 8th floor, Corner Sihanouk & Sothearos Blvd, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh.
Tel : +855-(0) 23 214 311-17
Fax : +855-(0)23-214 318
E-mail : [email protected]
Post Media Co., Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Application documents will not be returned.