Employer: Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden, Hong Kong (www.kfbg.org)
Job type: Full-time
Location: Kratie Province, Cambodia
Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden (KFBG), a conservation NGO from Hong Kong, is seeking a capable individual in search of a rewarding and exciting career in biodiversity conservation in Cambodia. We are seeking candidates who are passionate and committed about conservation of the Kingdom's wildlife and forest.
This position is responsible for supporting KFBG’sconservation project in Cambodia. The project site is locatedin Kratie Province east of the Mekong, which is home to numerous globally threatened wildlife, but is subject to intense human threats. The right candidate will be based in our project site and work alongside a team of experienced conservationists and wildlife biologists, and will be responsible in managing a small forest patrol team of community rangers recruited from the local communities.
• To lead a team of four rangers to conduct regular forest patrol in our project site in Kratie Province;
• To build the capacity, motivation and effectiveness of forest rangers;
• To carry out field biodiversity survey and monitoring;
• To gather and maintain data (e.g. patrolling records andvisual-audio records) generated from forest patrol and field survey;
• To contribute to the write-up of scientific papers when appropriate;
• To carry out forest restoration and habitat enhancement activities (e.g. tree planting in eco-corridors);
• To organize and deliver community outreach activities in and around our project site;
• Other assignments from the supervisor.
• A degree in biology, ecology, forest management or related subjects;
• Fluency in Khmer and English is mandatory. Basic Chinese will be an advantage;
• Good understanding of biodiversity and conservation issues facing Cambodia is mandatory;
• Good team player and interpersonal skill;
• Willingness to work in outdoor environment (camping inside forest is necessary);
• Ability to lead a community patrol team;
• Ability to work closely with the local community to resolve conflicts;
• Ability to work unsupervised.
Deadline: Please send your resume and reasons for applying this job, with expected salary, to [email protected] on or before 31 May 2018. Please indicate the title of “Kratie Conservation officer+ Name” in the subject of your email.