The Asian Development Bank is extended a Technical Assistance grant (TA 8834-CAM) up to June 2019 to support the RIA program in Cambodia managed by the Economic, Social and Cultural Council (ECOSOCC) at the Office of the Council of Ministers. ECOSOCC is mandated to provide support to the line ministries in the following areas: (i) advocacy information on principles of good practice in regulation making process; (ii) training on RIA; and (iii) implementation of RIA and rollout of RIA. Currently 18 line ministries (Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Mines and Energy, Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports and Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Ministry of Industry and Handicraft, Ministry of Public Work and Transportation, Ministry of Post and Telecommunication, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Land Management Urbane Planning and Construction, Ministry of Economy and Finance, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of National Defense, Secretary of State of Civil aviation, Secretariat General of SENAT and Secretariat General Constitution Council) participate in the RIA Program.
The contract should start in early July of 2018. Contract duration is initially for twelve (12) months with the possibility of extension depending on the satisfactory performance, the requirement of the TA and fund availability.
Key Tasks and/or Expected Outputs
Working under Regulatory Executive Team (RET) at ECOSOCC, tasks include but not limited to:
1. Assist program manager in all administration functions and processes
2. Participating in capacity-building activities on RET;
3. Providing support to the RIA unit of line ministries in RIA statement preparation, and following up the progress;
4. ssisting RIA Team on meeting/training/seminar/workshop/retreat;
5. Monitoring all RIA statements;
6. Working with the I-Center staff to uploading the RIA reports into ECOSOCC’s website; and
7. Preparing monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, 9 months and annual reports
1. Not currently working in the government
2. Bachelor degree or higher in Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Public Policy and Public Administration.
3. Good in English language (fluent in writing, speaking and listening)
4. Analytical skills
5. Good interpersonal skills
6. Willing to learn
7. Effective report writing and communication skills in English and Khmer
8. Good computer skills with sound knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheet
9. Able to maintain composure under pressure
How to Apply:
Interested person must submit applications to the Regulatory Executive Team of ECOSOCC of the Office of the Council of Ministers.