1) The Royal Government of Cambodia has received a Loan/grant from the Asian Development Bank, and Loan from the IFAD for the Tonle Sap Poverty Reduction and Smallholder Development Project –Additional Financing (TSSD-AF). The additional financing to TSSD (TSSD-AF) will expand activities on climate-responsive productive infrastructure from 196 communes in five provinces (Banteay Meanchey, Kampong Cham, Kampong Thom, Siem Reap, and TboungKhmum), to 271 communes in seven provinces, including the two additional provinces of Battambang, and Prey Veng in the Tonle Sap Basin, and further develop an enabled environment for agricultural productivity, diversification, and climate resilience.1 The inclusion of women, smallholding farmers, and poor people will remain a priority. Consistent with the current project, the AF will enhance agricultural productivity and improve access to markets, resulting in better livelihoods and higher incomes in the project areas, with the added benefit of enhanced resilience to disaster and climate risks.
2) The National Committee for Sub-National Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDDS) is the Executing Agency (EA) for Component1, Component 3, along with the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) is also the Executing Agency (EA) of the Project.
The EA, NCDDS will recruit seven (07) national consultants for the position of Local Government Finance/Procurement Advisor base in 7 provinces, Kampong Cham, Tboung Khmum, Kampong Thom, Siem Reap, Battambang, Banteay Meanchey, and Prey Veng for a period of 24 months for each consultant of the Project life span on an individual basis in accordance with ADB’s Guidelines on the Use of Consultants:
3) Qualifications and Experience:
The Local Government Finance/Procurement advisor will have the following qualifications and experience:
• A relevant post-graduate university degree and/or combination of appropriate experience, preferably a Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant.
• Preferably 10 years’ experience with the financial management and the management of procurement of rural development programs/projects, including experience with advising on the design and management of decentralized financial management systems.
• Knowledge of the government’s ongoing reforms of sub-national government.
• Knowledge of government, ADB, and IFAD procedures, policies and financial rules and regulations and government financial management and administrative procedures.
• Knowledge of computer information system, word processing, database, spreadsheets, and financial and project management software.
Excellent English communication skills, written and spoken4) Interested individuals are requested to obtain detailed terms of reference and CV format from the address below during office hours from 08:00 to 12:00 & 14:00 to 17:00 or contact Mr. Nop Novy at “[email protected]”
5) Interested candidates should submit current curriculum vitae, including the names and contact information of three referees, to the address listed below by March 19th, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
National Committee for Sub-National Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDDS)
Tonle Sap Poverty Reduction and Smallholder Development Project Additional Financing (TSSD-AF)
Administration Room, ground Floor; Ministry of Interior
Preah Norodom Blvd, Chamcar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, Email: [email protected];