ADB’s Skills for Competitiveness Project (2019 – 2024) aims to develop human resources to work as skilled-workforce in four priority sectors, namely manufacturing, construction, electricity and electronics. As one of the project implementation unit, the Institute of Technology of Cambodia (ITC) intends to recruit 1 National Finance Management Specialist (NFMS). The total duration of the assignment is 48 person-months over the period of four years (2020 – 2023). The initial contract’s duration is 12 months and will be renewed annually based on the performance and achievement of the NFMS. The tasks for the NFMS will include, but not be limited to, the followings:
i. To assist ITC project management team in setting up accounting and financial management systems (ledgers, cash flow statements, balance sheets, internal control, procedures, protocols, and documents) that will facilitate the preparation of financial statement (based on international accounting standards) and producing quality and reliable financial statements and reports, including withdrawal applications, on time for submission in the format and detail that will meet the ADB and AFD standards;
ii. To develop the project’s financial management manual and financial management guidelines for different key interventions under the project and to provide training to the assigned PIUs’ finance staff;
iii. To assist ITC project management team to implement the developed stipends implementation guidelines, including financial management;
iv. To work with assigned finance staff at ITC to prepare the required training materials and build their capacity on the project financial management manual and specific guidelines, and overall financial management, monitoring, and reporting;
v. To recommend, develop, and establish standardized financial reports and financial management practices;
vi. To assist to develop and promulgate standard financial templates;
vii. To provide capacity building for ITC project finance staffs on the correct usage of the financial management information systems to produce financial reports in accordance with the requirements of ADB and AFD;
viii. To perform other tasks as may be reasonably required by ITC and ADB; and
ix. To prepare end-of-assignment reports for submission to ITC and ADB.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, management, or other related fields,
• At least 5 years’ experiences in accounting and financial management systems.
• At least 5 years’ experiences (or 2 previous projects) working with the ADB or similar international development partner funded and the Government’s standard operating procedures in the Financial Management manual.
• Experience in designing, developing chart of accounts, and implementing and customizing computerized financial management systems, accounting and reporting systems.
• Knowledge of the Law on Taxation of the Kingdom of Cambodia is preferred.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal communication and written report skills in Khmer and English.
Interested candidate are invited to submit their applications, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and above-mentioned testimonials along with most recent photograph, on or before 21 January 2020 at 17:00 PM to Room A-228, Building A, ITC.
Further information related to this assignment is also available on ADB CMS system:
(Attn: Mr. NGUON Kollika, Procurement Officer of S4C Project, Russian Federation Blvd., Sangkat
Teuk Laak I, Khan Tuolkork Phnom Penh (Cambodia), Tel: 077 523 228 or Fax: 855 23 888 369,
E-mail: [email protected])
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.