EMDR Cambodia Association has been operating in Cambodia to promote the treatment of psychological trauma and the buildt-up of more professional resources in the mental health field. EMDR Cambodia is currently running a project named “Establishment of Psychotherapeutic Services for Myanmar and Cambodia (Mekong Project II)” which is funded by BMZ and terre des hommes (tdh) Germany.
As part of the project activities, Mekong Project II is going to organize and conduct a series of professional trainings on Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) psychotherapy in November 2015 for Cambodian psychologists and psychiatrists who are interested in learning and applying this professional psychotherapy. Dr. Derek Farrell, accredited Trainer and Consultant from EMDR Europe and Senior Lecturer at the University of Worcester, will be the main trainer for this course.
- Holding a master degree in clinical psychology or in psychiatry or an equivalent degree in a related field
- Working with clients in field of mental health
- Good level of English in speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Having a strong commitment to apply the skills obtained from the training in practice
- Having a strong commitment to participate in the trainings and supervisions
How to Apply
Individuals who are interested in this training are advised to send a CV and accompanying a letter of interest by Friday 29 May, 2015 to the EMDR Cambodia office. (Email to Ms. Pann Sokny at [email protected]). Screening interviews will take place during August 2015.
The training and relevant expenses of trainees will be covered by the project. For further information please contact our office at 089 968 678 or visit our website on www.emdrcambodia.org