Equitable Cambodia (EC) is a Cambodian organization working to promote equitable development and the progressive realization of human rights in Cambodia through research, evidence-based advocacy, and community empowerment. Equitable Cambodia was registered by the Ministry of Interior as a Cambodian national non-governmental organization in March 2012.
EC is seeking an experienced candidate for the position of Program Advisor to support the Development Watch Program. The position is based out of EC’s office in Phnom Penh.
Under the supervision of the Development Watch Program Manager, the Program Advisor will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Advise and assist the Development Watch team in developing and implementing advocacy strategies, which include community, national and international level components.
• Correspond and work with partners on national and international advocacy initiatives.
• Assist in the design and implementation of research activities, including field research and conducting legal/policy analysis to support advocacy.
• Write or edit internal documents, including donor reports, case studies, proposals and concept notes.
• Write or contribute to external advocacy and awareness raising documents, including correspondence, case briefings, media statements, and policy papers.
• Assist the Development Watch team with other research, monitoring and advocacy activities, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• At least 3 years work experience involving community-driven human rights advocacy, preferably related to land, housing and/or natural resource rights within the Cambodian or Southeast Asian context.
• Experience and comfort working with local communities affected by harmful investment projects and facilitating community-led strategy development and decision-making.
• Experience conducting international advocacy and empirical research.
• Experience and flexibility to work with multi-national teams.
• An advanced degree in Human Rights, Law, or related field.
• Excellent English verbal and written skills
• Substantial experience working in Cambodia or Southeast Asia.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter demonstrating your suitability for this position to: [email protected] and [email protected]
Applications will be accepted until May 15, 2018 and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.