Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), an executing agency of Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA), opened its representative office in Cambodia in 1993. Since then, JICA has been working together with the people of Cambodia focusing on capacity development and infrastructure development that will enable developing countries to pursue their sustainable socio-economic development through Technical Cooperation, ODA Loan and Grant Aid.
The newly recruited staff will work as a program officer. The staff is assumed to be assigned to the section which deals with the infrastructure sector.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To be in charge of various JICA sponsored projects in the section in charge.
2. To collect and analyze information related to current political and social context, various needs in the section in charge.
3. To liaise with government agencies, private sectors and other relevant organizations such as development partners (DPs) in implementing, monitoring projects as well as arranging schedule for mission teams from Japan.
4. To represent JICA Cambodia office at relevant meetings, workshops, and seminars, etc.
5. To engage in secretarial works and logistical arrangements.
6. To engage in the project formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in the section in charge under the supervision of the section chief.
Requirements (Qualifications and Experience)
1. University degree. Advanced degree would be of an advantage.
2. Native tongue in Khmer and excellent speaking, reading and writing ability in English.
3. Minimum 5(five) years of professional experience directly working in or with the international development organization.
4. Long-term carrier vision as a JICA staff for more than 3(three) years.
1. Ability to work independently with a minimum supervision as well as ability to work as a team.
2. Sufficient ability to read and summarize the relevant documents such as reports issued by government agencies or relevant donor parties.
3. Proficiency with relevant computer programs (internet, email, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
4. Strong commitment to learn and improve, especially JICA’s regulation on accounting and procurement
5. Experience/Expertise of the Cambodian economic/infrastructure development, public finance and relevant field(s) would be a great advantage.
1. Work location: JICA Cambodia Office (6th, 7th, 8th Floors, Building #61-64, Preah Norodom Blvd., Phnom Penh) with occasional travels to the provinces.
2. Basic working hours: From 8:00 to 17:00 (lunch time is from 12:00 to 14:00), from Monday to Friday
Submission of Applications
1. Interested candidates shall send the documents below to JICA Cambodia office, General affairs section, P.O. Box 613, 6th, 7th, 8th Floors, Building #61-64, Preah Norodom Blvd., Phnom Penh, Cambodia; or via e-mail to
2. Only short listed candidates will receive acknowledgements. All applications are treated with strict confidentiality.
3. The deadline for receipt of curriculum vitae*with photo: at noon of September 14th, 2018
*Please write the following items on curriculum vitae:
(1) Personal data : Name, Date of birth (Age), Nationality, Civil status, Present address, Mobile phone number, E-mail address
(2) Language and skill: Language, Computer skill and other qualification/skill
(3) Educational background (domestic and overseas): School/University name, Degree, Major
(4) Working experience: Company/Organization name, Period, Position, Role/Responsibility
(5) Your Advantage and others
(6) Expected salary (US$)
Note: Certification of degrees, languages, skills etc. are required for the interview of short listed candidates.
1. Starting date: The beginning of October, 2018.(Negotiable)
2. Initial contract term: For six months from the date of commencement with a possible extension, given satisfactory performance and workload demand.
3. A probationary period: For three months from the day of recruitment.