The Embassy of Sweden in Phnom Penh is seeking applications to fill the following position:
Position Title: Programme Administrator
Conditions: 6 months’ probation
Under the supervision of the Head of the Development Cooperation and in close cooperation with the Embassy’s Controller (placed in Bangkok), the Programme Administrator will be responsible for the following duties:
• Assist the Programme Officers in quality assurance matters such as financial monitoring, statistical classification, forecasts and contribution/agreement information;
• Support the Programme Officers in setting up, updating and closing contributions in the electronic contribution management system;
• Support the Programme Officers in drafting decisions, contract and agreements;
• Keep track of statements made in the contribution management system, such as Audit Statements, Financial/Narrative Statements, Monitoring of Plan and Budget, Conclusion on Performance and Completion Reports;
• Under the supervision of the Controller assist the Programme Officers in analyzing Audits, Management Letters and Management Responses to audit recommendations, including their follow-up;
• Prepare payments related to the development cooperation and ensure that payment conditions are met;
• Prepare and follow-up the monthly financial review of contributions as well as regular follow-up of agreement conditions;
• Update the Official Development Assistance Database in cooperation with the Programme Officers;
• Perform other related duties as required.
The work requires an ability to independently perform duties, including taking initiatives and assuming responsibility for the completion and delivery of individual tasks.
In carrying out the duties, the Programme Administrator shall closely liaise with the other staff at the Development Cooperation Section, in particular the Controller and the existing Programme Administrator.
2. Essential Qualifications:
Education: Degree in business administration, accounting, law or related fields.
Experience: Two years of professional experience in (a) field/s of relevance for the assignment.
Knowledge/skills: Excellent intra-personal skills. Service-minded.Ability to independently perform duties and to ensure the delivery and completion of tasks, also under periods of high work load. Flexibility and ability to prioritise tasks. Solid planning skills. Outgoing, motivated and willing to learn new things. Ability to adapt to a different cultural environment and to changing responsibilities.Strong skills in Microsoft Office programs incl. Word and Excel.
Language: Excellent command of the English language, both orally and in writing.Fluency in Khmer.
3. Desirable skills and/or experiences:
Previous work in a financial department, an audit firm or at a legal firm.
Applications along with a detailed CV, references and copy of education certificate/s should be submitted to the Swedish Embassy, 10th floor, Phnom Penh Tower, #445 Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh, no later than 31st of July. The application may be delivered in hard copy or via e-mail to the following address: [email protected] The envelope/e-mail should be marked “Programme Administrator”.
We encourage applicants from both gender and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applications will not be returned. The Embassy of Sweden retains the right to contact references directly.
Tests of language proficiency may be performed by the Embassy as part of the interview process.
5. About us
The Embassy of Sweden in Cambodia has a total of 7 Swedish staff seconded from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency - Sida, and 9 locally employed staff. The main tasks are to:
(i) represent Sweden in Cambodia and to strengthen and further develop bilateral relations; (ii) implement the cooperation strategy for the development cooperation with Cambodia; (iii) monitor and report on the political and economic development; (iv) promote trade relationships and exchanges as well as other Swedish interests; (v) discharge statutory administrative duties; and (vi) contribute to a good cooperation and coordination with other embassies and international organizations.
Read more on www.swedenabroad.se/phnompenh