Finn Church Aid (FCA) is a significant Finnish NGO in development cooperation and humanitarian aid. FCA operates in over twenty countries across four continents, and has over 60 years of experience. In Asia, our working countries are Cambodia, Myanmar and Nepal. FCA specializes in supporting local communities in three priority areas: right to education, right to peace and right to livelihood. We work through local and international partnerships. FCA is a founding member of ACT Alliance, a member of Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) and Global Education Cluster Working Group.
FCA is seeking for a com mitted candidate for the position of Program Coordinator (Livelihoods and Advocacy) for its Asia Regional Office in Phnom Penh to be a part of our multi-cultural team and to further develop FCA's work in the field of sustainable livelihoods.
• Ensure strategic focus and quality in R2L and advocacy projects
• Conduct program planning, monitoring and evaluation (PME)
• Report writing and documentation
• Coordinate and contribute to project initiatives and project proposals with special focus on development of smallholder agriculture, agricultural co-operatives and small businesses as well as access and control over productive resources, including land
• Facilitate and contribute to capacity building of partners and FCA staff
• Establish and maintain excellent working relations with the government, local and international partners and networks
• Develop FCA's role in related networks and provide support to partners in livelihoods sector
Key requirements and qualifications:
• University Degree in Agriculture, Business or Social Sciences
• Minimum of 5 years' experience working with INGO in similar duties
• Sound knowledge in project planning and implementation, including financial/budget management skills, review and monitoring of project activities
• Proven skills and experience in report writing.
• Excellent knowledge in livelihoods related development(value chain, market, finance business, technologies) and advocacy work.
• Good understanding of national plans and policies related to livelihoods and agricultural development
• Good understanding of partnerships management as well as should be able to develop the capacity of staff and partners
• Excellent coordination, networking and presentation skills to work with partners at all levels
• Willingness to travel in- and outside of Cambodia and work independently
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Fluency in English, both written and oral
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter (without certificates) to FCA by e-mail: [email protected]. Application deadline is on Friday 10th October 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. We will aim to fill the position as soon as possible. A detailed job description is available upon request.