The Cambodian Center for Human Rights (“CCHR”), a non-aligned, independent, and non-governmental organization that works to promote and protect democracy and respect for human rights throughout the Kingdom of Cambodia, is seeking a dynamic and qualified Cambodian to fill the position of Project Coordinator for a project entitled “Voices for Gender Equality: Empowering women, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Persons and Women Human Rights Defenders communities demand justice combat gender-based violence” (March 2018-Feb 2022).The position will be based in Phnom Penh with travel to the provinces as required.
• Relevant university degree in social sciences, gender studies, human rights or law;
• At least two years of professional experience focusing exclusively on project management experience, preferably with projects related to the gender based violence, LGBTQs rights, women rights and/or law and human rights;
• Demonstrated interest in gender equality, women’s rights, LGBTQs and/or human rights defenders;
• Fluency in written and spoken Khmer and English;
• Knowledge of international and domestic law related to gender, women and minorities, and strong knowledge of the Cambodian judicial system;
• Strong computer literacy (including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, of the Internet and e-mail);
• Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, strong communication skills, and demonstrated public speaking ability and advocacy skills.
Full Job Description can be viewed/downloaded from: http://cchrcambodia.org/job
Please send your resume and a cover letter (including an indication of minimum expected salary) by email to [email protected], with the subject title “Application for Project Coordinator of the Voices for Gender Equality Project”, or to CCHR’s Office at: #798, St.99, Sangkat Boeung Trabek, Khan Chamkamorn, Phnom Penh. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The position is opened for national applicants only. Qualified women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The deadline for the application is 20 April 2018 at 12.00PM, Cambodian time.