Transparency International is the global civil society organization leading the fight against corruption. Transparency International Cambodia (TI Cambodia) is an official National Contact of Transparency International. The mission of TI Cambodia is to work together with individuals and institutions at all levels to promote integrity and reduce corruption in Cambodia. TI Cambodia is currently looking for exceptional candidate to fulfil the position as detailed below:
Position Title: Research Consultant
Duty Station: Phnom Penh
Starting Date: November 2014
Duration: 4 Months working day (1st November 2014 to 1st March 2015)
Report to: Director of Programs
TI Cambodia is developing a research that will provide up-to-date information on, and a better understanding of, the impacts of corruption on SMEs. The research will: (i) describe the environment in which businesses operate especially the legal framework and the functioning of institutions relevant to businesses; (ii) identify and analyse the different ways in which companies experience corruption and the impacts of corruption on them; and (iii) assess the reaction/response of businesses regarding corruption and the existence of specific policies or practices.
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• Master degree in social science, economics, law or similar;
• At least three-year experience in research;
• Excellent skill in Khmer and English;
• Advanced knowledge of Cambodia, especially of the Cambodian business environment
• Experience working on or knowledge of social and development issues in Cambodia an advantage;
• Extensive network in the private sector;
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office Application;
• Commitment to the values of Transparency International: integrity, honesty, accountability.
The detailed position description is available on our website: ticambodia.org/index.php/whoweare/workwithus. Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter clearly indicating the post title, and addressing the recruitment criteria along with a current CV to [email protected] by 31st October, 2014 before 17:00 p.m.
TI Cambodia is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from all backgrounds, women and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.