IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
Since 2010, IFC has been supporting the Cambodian government by working with private sector and industry associations to achieve transformational changes in the Cambodia rice sector, so that the country can better integrate into the regional and global economies. IFC is now implementing a three-year project to develop sustainable, traceable and inclusive rice supply chains in Cambodia in collaboration with international and domestic players. The project also supports the pilot and scale-up the use of SRP (Sustainable Rice Platform) standards and performance indicators in the supply chains. In addition, IFC is also designing various agribusiness advisory services in the agriculture sector by engaging with leading regional and global firms and supporting their linkage with smallholders and supply chains.
IFC proposes to hire a Senior Agronomist as a Short-Term Consultant (STC) for 150 days from March 12, 2018 to February 28, 2019 to achieve the following objectives:
1. To support the IFC project team to provide overall quality assurance and technical inputs to developing and implementing the designed advisory services to IFC clients. These include providing expertise in managing SRP trainings, seed multiplication, land leveling & Alternate Wedding and Drying (AWD),
traceability, and farmer group formation and strengthening.
2. To ensure the use SRP standards and performance indicators in respective supply chains of participating clients in line with SRP guidelines/protocol developed by IRRI.
3. To provide technical inputs to the design and development of IFC’s agribusiness advisory services at firm level with IFC’s clients and pipeline clients, and at the sector and value chain level.
Interested consultant is expected to have:
• Degree in agriculture, agribusiness or agricultural supply chain, preferably agronomist;
• Familiar with donor funded projects with at least 10 years of relevant and practical work experience in private sector development in Cambodia, especially in agriculture/agribusiness development;
• Demonstrated experiences in providing advisory/technical services to international and large domestic firms, specifically in the agribusiness areas, and international agricultural commodity trade. Demonstrated work experience in the private sector, rice industry preferred;
• Broad understanding about Cambodia rice industry particularly rice milling sector, productions and the value chains. Knowledge and experience in SRP is a plus;
• Demonstrated experience in farmer group/cooperative formation and strengthening, farmer training, curriculum and training materials development, especially in rice production;
• Strong interpersonal skills and good communication/presentation skills; and
• Demonstrated capacity to network and work with a wide range of stakeholders, including businesses, international organizations, business support institutions, including business associations and training entities, and government;
• Experiences in working with IFC and The World Bank is an advantage.
Expressions of Interest should be submitted, in English, electronically through World Bank Group eConsultant2, selection number 1255639. (https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html), Assignment Title: SHORT-TERM CONSULTANT (STC)- SENIOR AGRONOMIST. Deadline of application by: March 01, 2018.