Supplements managing editor
Strategic Marketing Division
The Post Media Strategic Marketing Division is looking for a full-time supplements managing editor.
In the capacity of managing editor, applicants will take responsibility for leading editorial coverage for the supplements division. As well as ensuring multiple deadlines are met, the successful applicant will oversee reporting undertaken by journalists to ensure the content produced is of high quality. The managing editor will set the tone for a broad range of topics that are covered in the supplements department, including property, finance, business, ICT, education and lifestyle. Applicants need to have sound editing, communication and managerial skills. Applicants should also possess a strong understanding of the media and be commercially minded. Frequent liaising with internal and external stakeholders is required.
1. Overseeing editorial coverage of the weekly property supplement and other recurring supplements.
2. Develop advertorial content for supplements and the main paper.
3. Leading editorial meetings and assist reporters with stories throughout the research and writing stages. This involves effective multi-tasking to ensure deadlines are met in a timely fashion.
4. Developing strong freelance network, industry contacts as well as nurture close ties to maintain a flow of news pertaining to the supplements beat.
5. Seeking out and investigating leads via contacts, press releases and other media to write hard news and feature length stories.
6. Attend and assign press conferences and a variety of other events.
7. Lead production of all supplements. This includes using your news judgment to determine lead stories and ensure a balanced split of advertorial and editorial coverage.
8. Lead tracking of social media trends and issues monitored into stories.
9. Uphold and maintain editorial guidelines and standards of the department.
10. Exercise high standards of accuracy, objectivity and timeliness.
Native English speaker
Reporting and editing experience
Initiative and keenness to uncover new ideas and stories
Respect and understanding of the local Khmer culture
Organised and able to keep calm under pressure
Excellent oral or written skills
Great Interpersonal skills
Strong eye for detail
Sound people management skills
Some local Travel is required.
Send applications and writing samples to [email protected]