As a member of the Save the Children Cambodia Senior Management Team (SMT), the Director of Fundraising, Award Management and Communications (FAMC) shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO). The Director FAMC provides leadership to ensure excellence in working with Save the Children members and their donors, in both emergency and development contexts.
The position leads the CO in developing and pursuing its fundraising strategy and works across departments to ensure the development of high quality proposals. S/he will lead the communications function for the country office, ensuring the quality of ongoing communications work and pursuing new opportunities to increase SC visibility and profile, both nationally and internationally. S/he also supports the Award Management team to proactively resolve issues with donors and members and to ensure the highest quality of award and sub-award management and donor reporting.
Qualifications and experience
A general appreciation of the issues concerning the INGO sector with in-depth knowledge and skills in fundraising and communications.
1. Proven track record of a positive, active, strategic and collaborative contribution at a senior level
2. Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to set priorities and organize a challenging and diverse set of responsibilities
3. Demonstrated experience in staff supervision and leading a team, including strong coaching and capacity building skills in a diverse and cross-cultural environment.
4. Proven track record in business development / resource mobilization with major institutional donors, including fundraising strategy development, donor engagement, and proposal development.
5. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to tailor communications to be effective for a range of audiences and purposes.
6. Understanding and experience in award/grant management, and resolving complex donor compliance and reporting issues, is a plus.
7. Ability to lead change management processes relating to policies, procedures, systems and structures.
8. Excellent problem solving, attention to detail and strategic thinking skills.
Contract length: TBD
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document to [email protected]
A copy of the full role profile can be found at http://cambodia.savethechildren.net or
Closing date for application is 20th June 2018.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
For more information about Save the Children in Cambodia, visit our website: https://cambodia.savethechildren.net/about-us