1. Local Education Consultant based in Phnom Penh
The primary roles of the Local Consultant for Education Programme is to provide support to Education programme indocumentation, technical, fieldwork, admin and logistics work.
Qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in education, or social studies, any relevant fields of study
• At least 1 to 2-year experience in working with government and/or NGO partners;
• At least 1 to 2-year experience in implementing education activities;
• Strong in teamwork;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with appropriate written and spoken English and Khmer;
• Be open, humble and good listener to share and work with cross cultural team;
• Excellent facilitation and presentation skills;
• Minimum 2-year experience in teaching, training, mentoring and monitoring Education activities;
• Minimum 2-year experience in writing and editing documents in Khmer language (English is a plus), like guides, profiles, stories, research studies, case studies, etc.
• Proven skills in writing letters, reports, documentation, etc.
• Ability and willingness to travel to all target schools and communities, and willingness to abide by SCI Child Protection Policy/Child Safe Guarding and Code of Conduct;
• Ability to work under pressures and flexible working hours;
• Ability to use some spoken and written English
2. Consultant: Toolkit and Training on Techniques to Teach and Manage Children with different Intellectual Disabilities in Inclusive Settings and Support their Learning, based in Phnom Penh
The primary roles of the Consultant are:
• To develop a training package or tool kit on Techniques, Activities and Materials to Support Children with Intellectual Disabilities to learn in Inclusive Settings;
• To provide a short course of training on Techniques, activities and materials to Support Children with Intellectual Disabilities to learning in Inclusive Settings to Save the Children staff so that they could further train classroom
teachers and government education technical officers at district and provincial levels.
Qualifications and experience
• A university degree in education or similar field, with inclusive education experience and expertise;
• Good understanding of the Cambodian context, current policies, practices and structures related to inclusive education;
• At least 5-year experience in designing teacher training curriculum and materials on teaching children with intellectual disabilities in inclusive settings;
• At least 5-year experience in teaching children with
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to
ensure their voices are heard. intellectual disabilities (with inclusive settings is preferred);
• Previous experience in working with NGO, INGOs or International Organization (IOs) in Cambodia especially with those who support inclusive education programmes;
• Fluency in spoken and written English;
• Fluency in Khmer is preferred.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document to [email protected]
. Please also include details of your current consultancy fee and the expectation fee for this consultancy services.
A copy of the full Term of Reference (ToR) can be found at http://cambodia.savethechildren.net or https://www.facebook.com/ SavetheChildreninCambodia
Closing date for application is 29th June 2018.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
For more information about Save the Children in Cambodia, visit our website: https://cambodia.savethechildren.net/about-us