JOB VACANCY – advertised 15 July 2019
LE2 – Visa Processing Officer
Locally Engaged Employee
Immigration and Border Protection Section
The Department of Home Affairs (HA) is developing an Order of Merit for an LE2 Visa Processing Officer position in the Visa Section of the Australian Embassy in Cambodia.
Positions will be filled on a contractual basis as vacancies arise, with a competitive monthly salary range from USD629 to USD770. Other benefits and conditions will be governed by the LES conditions of service.
Visa Processing Officers (VPOs) perform a range of administrative functions to assist in the delivery of the Department’s temporary and permanent migration programs, within stated processing times, and client service standards. VPOs will conduct research and analysis activities, they will conduct interviews, correspond with clients in Khmer and English, and exercise delegation to decide visa applications.
Refer to the position description for further information.
• Communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing, in English and Khmer.
• Provide accurate and professional interpreting and translation
• Demonstrated experience in assessment and lawful decision making;
• High volume case load management;
• Strong client service background;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2010 and other systems;
• Well developed organisational skills and a demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines;
• An ability to respond positively to change, showing initiative and willingness to focus on achieving identified priorities.
Applications must include the following:
• Current CV outlining relevant work experience (maximum 2 pages);
• Statement addressing each Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages);
• Contact details of two referees (including details of current supervisor)
A full job description of the position can be obtained from the Australian Embassy’s website
Applications must be submitted by email to [email protected] with the subject line “Application for LE2 Visa Processing Officer”.
***Applications close midnight Sunday 28 July 2019 ***
Only short-listed applications will be contacted for interview.