In response to issues raised in previous week’s Youth Corner about Songha’s crisis in love, Neang Sovathana Radio Counsellor at Sarika FM 106.5 has six principles to help improve the situation:
1. Realise that there are usually fights along the way in any serious relationship.
2. When a problem arises, there are always two parties involved. They are the ones who must solve it as well. It is not about finding out who is right or wrong, but about finding the root of the problem.
3. No one ever thinks they are wrong in an argument, but we can lose to win. When we lose to win, we become more mature, we make our partners happy, and we can keep our love long lasting.
4. When we are having a temper, we cannot solve the issue immediately because emotions make arguments worse. That does not mean that we should ignore the situation, we should wait for a better time to solve the problem.
5. We have to remember that when we love someone, we accept him or her as a ‘package’. We accept the good points and bad points of our lover because no one is perfect.
6. As lovers, you should find solutions together when one of you is unsatisfied. You need to determine the points you can accept and what points you cannot accept. If he or she cannot change the point you really cannot accept, the results are predictable.