In a bid to bring Covid-19 under control before the expected full reopening of the capital, the Phnom Penh Municipal Administration has decided to extend the suspension of all non-essential business activities and occupations deemed as posing high risk of Covid-19 transmission.
The extension will run through October 28.
In a directive dated October 14, governor Khuong Sreng said the above-mentioned businesses include all entertainment venues such as nightclubs, karaoke parlours and cinemas.
The new decision sees some previous restrictions lifted including museums, resorts, amusement parks, sport centres and massage parlours.
The restriction on private gathering has been reduced from the maximum of 15 persons previously to 50 people now, except among family members and relatives for religious ceremonies such as funerals.
Sreng told the capital’s 14 districts and relevant authorities to strictly enforce the new directive.
“Any individual and business establishment caught violating the directive are subject to administrative measures and legal action and public revelation of their identities in accordance with the law on the control of Covid-19 and other contagious diseases,” Sreng said.