The case against Oknha Kith Theang, the owner of Rock Entertainment Centre in Phnom Penh, and his associates continued on Tuesday at the Phnom Penh Municipal Court.
Theang and three women were questioned during the hearing.
A total of 27 people are standing trial after a crackdown on the club in February last year in which 311 people were arrested and 50kg of drugs confiscated.
Chief judge Im Vannak and another unidentified judge presided over the hearing on Tuesday, which was closed to the public due to the fact that some of the accused were minors. At least six defence lawyers were seen at the hearing prosecuted by Sok Keo Bandit.
A lawyer who asked not to be named told The Post that two of the 27 suspects are minors but that they have already been questioned at a previous hearing.
“In today’s hearing there was no minor, so I’m not sure why the judge wanted a closed-door session,” the lawyer said.
Reached on the phone, Suong Chan Thorn, a lawyer for Theang, told The Post he did not know any details of what happened during the trial.
The hearing will continue on March 25.
On February 23, a joint force led by Phnom Penh Municipal Police chief and National Police deputy chief Sar Thet worked with deputy prosecutor Ly Sophana to raid the Rock Entertainment Centre, in Phnom Penh’s Chamkarmon district.