Prime Minister Hun Sen has ordered all schools in Siem Reap town closed with immediate effect.
He also ordered the cancellation of the Angkor Sangkran festival planned in conjunction with Khmer New Year in mid-April.
This comes after Minister of Health Mam Bun Heng confirmed that a 38-year-old Cambodian man tested positive for Covid19.
The victim had direct contact with the 40-year-old Japanese man who had contracted the virus earlier this week.
Bun Heng said: “At 12:50pm on March 7, the Ministry of Health received confrmation from Institut Pasteur du Cambodge that a 38-year-old man who had direct contact with the 40-year-old Japanese man had tested positive for Covid19."
Three others, two women and a man have not contracted the coronavirus, he said.
"The Siem Reap provincial referral hospital is following up and giving the highest attention to the three others as well who are also in isolation for the next 14 days,” Bunheng said.
The ministry of health said the infected man is also being treated at the Siem Reap referral hospital.