A WOMAN from Dangkor district appeared at Phnom Penh Municipal Court on Monday to defend herself during questioning against allegations related to a land dispute that could affect 45 families.
Chhun Socheat’s family was one of 45 that were relocated to Dangkor district from Tuol Kork district in 2006. Heng Sophy has filed a complaint accusing Chhun Socheat and her family of building their home on relocation land intended for her.
But Chhun Socheat said she told judges Monday that Heng Sophy’s family was not among the 45 families evicted from Tuol Kork, adding that only the 45 families living there presently have any legitimate claim to the relocation site in Dangkor.
Chhun Socheat’s husband, Reach Vuthy, went on to say that Heng Sophy’s name did not appear on any lists stating who had been relocated. “I want to see her face to debate with her before the law,” he said.
Veng Chuohuth, a court clerk, said Monday that both sides in the case had presented evidence to the court, but that the judge handling the case had not yet decided whether to bring charges.
Heng Sophy could not be reached Monday.