Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Deputy governor lands in court over ‘adultery’

Deputy governor lands in court over ‘adultery’

Deputy governor lands in court over ‘adultery’

A deputy district governor and his alleged lover were sent to Battambang Provincial Court yesterday over accusations they had been engaged in an adulterous affair, Komrieng district police chief Chhim Kimhong said.

Kimhong said the adultery complaint had been filed against Deputy District Governor Soung Keo and Heng Siny by Siny’s husband, Hong Pov, who discovered the couple in a room at his and Siny’s shared home — with the door bolted from the inside.

“After that, the husband told me, and I informed him not to use violence. Then the police arrived and arrested them,” Kimhong said.

According to Kimhong, both defendants maintained their innocence, with Siny saying she and Pov shared a house, but had filed for divorce and were yet to receive the final paperwork.

MOST VIEWED

  • Serious flooding across country

    The Kampong Speu provincial Committee for Disaster Management on Wednesday issued an alert after non-stop heavy rain caused widespread flooding. In Koh Kong province, authorities are working with the disaster committee and the Cambodian Red Cross to assist those affected after more than 350 homes were

  • CNRP points to King in call for vote boycott

    Leaders of the former Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP) have taken a new tack in their call for a boycott of the national elections later this month. They are now claiming that the people should follow the King, who is expected to abide by tradition

  • Malaysian MP calls on his government to take stand on Cambodian elections

    A Malaysian parliamentarian raised concerns in his country on Wednesday about Cambodia’s July 29 national elections and urged his government to clarify its position on the subject, the Asean Parliamentarians for Human Rights (APHR) said on Thursday. Wong Chen, a member of the People’s

  • Troop moves ‘won’t worry people’

    Senior officials at the Ministry of Defence and National Police said on Tuesday that riot training provided to the country’s police forces were aimed at preventing unexpected demonstrations and strikes before and after the July 29 national elections. The troop mobilisation, they said, would not