Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - DJ Ano appears live on TV3, fresh-faced and injury-free

DJ Ano appears live on TV3, fresh-faced and injury-free

DJ Ano appears live on TV3, fresh-faced and injury-free

Content image - Phnom Penh Post

Her appearance dispells more than a week of gruesome reports about an

alleged razor attack by a government official's jealous wife 

Photo by:
HENG CHIVOAN

A healthy, happy DJ Ano appears on TV3 on Wednesday. 

TELEVISION presenter DJ Ano on Wednesday put to rest more than a week of rumours that she had been attacked with razors by the wife of a high-ranking government official and had fled to Vietnam to recover from her injuries.

The TV3 presenter, whose real name is Suon Pheakdei, appeared live on her network in full health and showing no signs of the alleged 83 razor cuts that had formed the substance of the lurid rumours.

In addition to refuting stories of the attack, which began circulating more than a week ago when she failed to turn up for work, Ano said she has asked for a police investigation to determine who might be responsible for spreading false information about her.

"I will file a complaint against those who started the rumours," she said. "When I heard the information about me, I had no idea what to do."

Kha Puon Keomony, director general of TV3, said Ano had taken time off from work to visit relatives abroad but that at her request, he had not released the information to the media.

"I didn't tell anyone," he said. "She asked me not to speak about her." 

MOST VIEWED

  • Breaking: US House passes 'Cambodia Democracy Act'

    The US House of Representatives in Washington, DC, on Monday, passed the “HR 526 Cambodia Democracy Act”, also known as the Cambodia Democracy Act of 2019. If signed off by the president, the bill will allow two major sets of action to be taken against high-ranking Cambodian

  • ‘Zero-dollar’ tours under fire

    Minister of Tourism Thong Khon has blamed “zero-dollar” tour operators for the decrease in foreign tourists to Angkor Archaeological Park in the first half of this year and has called for action against them. Angkor Archaeological Park received 1.24 million foreign visitors in the first half

  • Some jobs off limits to foreigners from August

    Beginning from the second week of August, foreigners will be banned from driving taxis and tuk-tuks, as well as being motorcycle delivery drivers, street food vendors, hairdressers and product distributors among other lower-income jobs. Some white-collar jobs such as the head of human resources will

  • Breaking: Rubbish found packed inside 83 containers at S'ville port

    Eighty-three containers packed with rubbish were broken open at Sihanoukville Autonomous Port by joint authorities on Tuesday. The origin of the containers has yet to be ascertained, Ministry of Environment spokesman Neth Pheaktra said. Pheaktra, who is also the ministry’s secretary of state, said