Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Father hacked son to death with axe: police

Father hacked son to death with axe: police

Father hacked son to death with axe: police

A man was arrested yesterday and will be sent to court for allegedly hacking his 14-year-old son to death with an axe in Banteay Meanchey province’s O’Chrou district.
Deputy district police chief Sam Sokhen said yesterday that 38-year-old Pheng Sameth was arrested at home following a complaint from his wife after she found her son Meth Mey’s body lying on a hill behind her home on Wednesday in Souphy commune’s Kork Prech village.“It is an inhuman act,” he said, adding that the boy had been hit with an axe six times on his head, neck and body. Sam Sokhen said that neighbours of the family said the suspect was an alcoholic who beat his wife and four children.

MOST VIEWED

  • Ministers to tackle sea pollutants

    Preah Sihanouk provincial authorities and members of local communities have collected 77 tonnes of water hyacinth at a Sihanoukville beach, Preah Sihanouk Provincial Hall spokesperson Or Saroeun said. He told The Post yesterday that the aquatic weeds had been floating along some of the province’s

  • EU timber deal in firing line

    A committee of more than 20 national and international organisations filed a petition to the EU on October 10 to prevent it from signing a timber trade agreement with Vietnam, noting that the deal would be disastrous to the Kingdom’s forests. The petition claims Vietnamese timber

  • Kim Sok to keep up fight ‘for change’ from Finland

    Kim Sok, wanted by the Kingdom’s authorities for defaming the government, reiterated on Sunday his determination to continue helping to make “a real change” to Cambodian politics after receiving asylum in Finland, even as a government spokesman mocked the political analyst over the development.

  • PM: Programme to recover Vietnam War missing back on

    Prime Minister Hun Sen has announced the resumption of the MIA programme to recover the remains of American service personnel missing after action on Cambodian soil during the Vietnam War. The programme was suspended for more than a year after the US government imposed visa