Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Five sent to court over Kep cop killing

Five sent to court over Kep cop killing

Five sent to court over Kep cop killing

Police have sent five suspects to Phnom Penh Municipal Court for investigation in connection with the killing of a Kep police captain at a Chinese restaurant in Daun Penh district last week. Deputy court prosecutor Sok Roeun said the suspects were sent to court on Thursday but have not yet been charged. Hor Kemmeng, 44, was eating with his girlfriend at Tai Tai restaurant on Monivong Boulevard around 7pm Thursday when he was gunned down.

MOST VIEWED

  • Prince injured, wife dies after accident

    THE wife of former First Prime Minister Prince Norodom Ranariddh, Ouk Phalla, 39, died while the prince was “severely” injured following a road accident in Preah Sihanouk province’s Prey Nub district on Sunday morning, officials said. Rananriddh, who is also the president of the Funcinpec

  • Bun Heang mocks US, threatens its citizens in scathing open letter

    After being hit with sanctions from the US Department of Treasury, Cambodian General Hing Bun Heang said he would retaliate against any US national who does not respect his country’s sovereignty, has ambitions to invade Cambodia or incites “traitors” in the Kingdom to do

  • Ranariddh 'seriously injured', his wife dies in accident in Preah Sihanouk

    THE wife of former first prime minister Prince Norodom Ranariddh has died. Ouk Phalla succumbed to injuries sustained in a traffic accident on National Road 4 in Preah Sihanouk’s Prey Nub district this morning. She and the prince were immediately rushed to the Preah Sihanouk

  • US slammed over BGU head as Foreign Ministry says sanctions violate international principles

    The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MFAIC) has condemned the US Department of Treasury for its sanctions, announced on Tuesday, against Cambodian General Hing Bun Heang for his alleged role in infringing human rights. In a statement, the ministry said it is disturbing