A man was electrocuted to death and two of his relatives slightly injured on Monday when they tried to repair a leak in the roof of a Kubota tractor and equipment dealership in Battambang province’s Mong Russey district.
Kit Heang, Mong Russey district police chief, yesterday identified the dead man as Roeun Pich, 28, and the injured as Teng Vanda, 22, and Ly Senglim, 30 – all of whom were related to the owner, San Sambath.
Sambath said that at about 3pm, Pich climbed a bamboo ladder to repair a leak in the roof, with Vanda and Senglim holding the ladder at the base.
However, Pich was electrocuted when he touched the metal roof – which was in contact with a frayed electrical wire – and fell from the ladder and vomited.
Since the ladder was wet, Sambath said, the other two were electrocuted as well, though not as badly. Pich was rushed to the hospital, but died shortly after arriving.