Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Grand Hotel D'Angkor re-opens

Grand Hotel D'Angkor re-opens

Grand Hotel D'Angkor re-opens

Siem Reap's fabled Grand Hotel, originally constructed 68 years ago, held its

soft opening on Dec 30 after a two-year, $30 million face lift undertaken by the

Singapore-based Raffles International Ltd.

The hotel has initially opened 52 rooms for guests, with a total of 131 rooms and

suites to be available when fully operational.

Rooms at the Grand start at $310 per night with the price for an exclusive villa

costing $1,900 per day.

Hotel facilities include seven food and beverage outlets, as well as a fully equipped

spa, a 35-meter swimming pool, a 2-court tennis park, shops and a beauty salon.

Raffles has also restored 60,000 square meters of gardens in front of the hotel.

Over 300 government officials, diplomats, members of the business community and international

organizations attended the soft opening. The hotel's first guest, Mrs. Davina Mackay,

from Scotland, was feted with champagne and given two complimentary nights' stay

in the hotel for the next five years.

MOST VIEWED

  • Negotiations on EBA being held

    In an effort to defuse tensions, a senior government official said Cambodia is negotiating with the European Union (EU) on the Everything But Arms (EBA) trade deal, which allows the Kingdom to export goods to the 28-member bloc tariff-free. The EU notified Cambodia on October 5

  • Ministers to tackle sea pollutants

    Preah Sihanouk provincial authorities and members of local communities have collected 77 tonnes of water hyacinth at a Sihanoukville beach, Preah Sihanouk Provincial Hall spokesperson Or Saroeun said. He told The Post yesterday that the aquatic weeds had been floating along some of the province’s

  • Chinese police escort deported scam suspects

    Ninety-one Chinese nationals accused of extorting money from victims in a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) scam were deported from Phnom Penh International Airport on Monday under the escort of 182 Chinese police personnel. General Department of Immigration head of investigations Ouk Hay Seila told reporters

  • EU officials: Ending EBA an 18-month procedure

    EU officials have confirmed that it will take a total of 18 months to complete the procedure if Cambodia’s preferential Everything But Arms (EBA) trade agreement is to be withdrawn. According to EU Agriculture and Rural Development spokesman Daniel Rosario, the formal process has not