Minister of Education, Youth and Sport Hang Chuon Naron on November 17 introduced health and safety measures for the Grade 12 examination on December 27 after the grade 9 examination was completed with satisfactory results.
The minister said examination centres, exam committees, and examination centre chairs must implement and follow the health and safety guidelines under the direction of the ministry for the exam.
“The directive aims to improve health and safety for exam committees and candidates during the process on December 27," he said.
The operating guidelines on health and safety measures for the exam include the "establishment of a mechanism" with a sub-committee on health work.
Exam committees nationwide will set up a sub-committee in charge of health work with the role and responsibilities of monitoring and evaluating the situation, maintaining hygiene and safety in setting up examination centres, scoring centres, and computerised scoring centres.
The health work sub-committee must also have a representative from the exam committee.
The guidelines provide instruction on health and safety measures, which has a health working group at exam centres, scoring centres, and computerised scoring centres.
Ministry spokesman Ros Soveacha told The Post that the Grade 9 exam on November 15-16 finished with acceptable results as planned.
"Like last year, a small number of candidates were absent from the exam for personal reasons. The Grade 9 exam continues to apply the principles of law, justice, transparency, and acceptable results in accordance with health and safety measures. Results will be announced on November 22,” he said.
According to Soveacha, there are 162,589 candidates – including 87,871 females – taking this year’s diploma exam. There are 1,722 examination centres with 7,327 examination rooms nationwide.