Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - High-speed collision with bus kills three

High-speed collision with bus kills three

High-speed collision with bus kills three

Two Thai nationals and one Cambodian were killed on Saturday night when they swerved into oncoming traffic to overtake another car and slammed into a KSO bus driving along national road 6 in Kampong Thom.

A fourth passenger, another Thai, sustained serious injuries.

The crash occurred less than two kilometres from the site of a crash last week between a Capitol Company bus and a police car that left eight dead.

The car in Saturday’s crash collided with the bus at full speed, Stoung district deputy police chief Yorng Sam said, adding that no bus passengers were injured.

KSO could not be reached for comment yesterday.

To contact the reporter on this story: Kim Yuthana at [email protected]

MOST VIEWED

  • Shanxi wins bid to build sections of new Siem Reap airport

    Shanxi Mechanization Construction Group recently won the bid to build two sections of the new Siem Reap Angkor International Airport project in Cambodia for 290 million yuan ($42.16 million). The existing Angkor International Airport in Siem Reap, 5km from the famous ancient temple complex and world tourism

  • Breaking: US House passes 'Cambodia Democracy Act'

    The US House of Representatives in Washington, DC, on Monday, passed the “HR 526 Cambodia Democracy Act”, also known as the Cambodia Democracy Act of 2019. If signed off by the president, the bill will allow two major sets of action to be taken against high-ranking Cambodian

  • VIP prison scrapped amid much criticism

    The Ministry of Interior announced on Thursday that Cambodia’s first privately run prison, which was to allow prisoners with enough money to upgrade to more comfortable cells, has been scrapped. Ministry spokesman Khieu Sopheak said studies had found that no other country in the

  • ‘Zero-dollar’ tours under fire

    Minister of Tourism Thong Khon has blamed “zero-dollar” tour operators for the decrease in foreign tourists to Angkor Archaeological Park in the first half of this year and has called for action against them. Angkor Archaeological Park received 1.24 million foreign visitors in the first half