Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Man sent to court for raping his daughter




Man sent to court for raping his daughter

Content image - Phnom Penh Post
The suspect, Phat Toeu, 33, was arrested. Police

Man sent to court for raping his daughter

Sa’ang district police in Kandal province sent a man to court on Wednesday for raping his 12-year-old daughter, making her pregnant.

Deputy district police chief Sa Ravon said Phat Toeu, 33, from Prek Ambel commune’s Peam Prachhum village, first raped his unidentified daughter in July last year.

He continued to rape her until recently and threatened to kill her if she broke the news.

Having not had her period for three months, the girl told her mother who then used a pregnancy kit to test her urine before reporting to police on Tuesday.

Further medical examination showed she was already five months pregnant.

The girl said she had kept it to herself for fears the father would kill her.

MOST VIEWED

  • All inbound flights set to face added scrutiny

    Ministry of Health spokesperson Or Vandine said on Monday that the ministry is monitoring all inbound flights, after it was announced that only those from Malaysia and Indonesia will be temporarily cancelled from August 1. Vandine said on Monday that the two countries were identified as

  • Flights from Indonesia, Malaysia cancelled

    A Ministry of Health official has warned of the possibility of Covid-19 spreading through community transmission after the total infected cases in the Kingdom rose to 225. Ministry spokeswoman Or Vandine told reporters on Saturday that the possibility of community transmission cannot be overlooked and that

  • Man in quarantine dies of ‘overdose’

    The Ministry of Health on Thursday said a Cambodian migrant worker who died while being isolated at a quarantine centre in Tbong Khmum province’s Kroch Chhmar district may have died from syncope or overdose of tablets. In a statement, the ministry said the 21-year-old

  • Ministry set to reopen 20 schools in August

    The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport will allow 20 high-safety-standards schools to reopen next month despite new cases of Covid-19 in the country. Ministry spokesperson Ros Soveacha wrote in a Telegram message on Wednesday that the schools are in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Battambang.