Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Nine men sent to court following gang murder

Nine men sent to court following gang murder

Nine men sent to court following gang murder

Nine gangsters accused of taking part in a fight in Phnom Penh that left a 33-year-old man dead will be charged in court.

Nine gangsters accused of taking part in a fight in Phnom Penh’s Por Sen Chey district that left a 33-year-old man dead will be charged in court today.

On Saturday, two rival gangs had been dancing at the village’s annual harvest festival when an argument broke out, Kantauk commune chief Yorng Sithol said.

The group left the party to settle their differences and began brawling 20 metres from the compound.

The victim, San Ratha, walked out of his house to investigate the commotion but was caught up in the melee and stabbed to death, Sithol said.

To contact the reporter on this story: Kim Sarom at [email protected]

MOST VIEWED

  • Police seek arrest of Chinese ‘gang’

    Cambodian police remain on the lookout for 20 Chinese nationals who earlier this month posted a video clip threatening to stoke insecurity in Preah Sihanouk province, though the Chinese Embassy in Phnom Penh maintained the group posed no threats to Cambodia’s national security. National Police

  • Rapper deletes song critical of Cambodian social issues

    A young musician has deleted from Facebook and YouTube a rap song that was critical of Cambodia’s social issues and announced that he will stop singing the song after officials visited his home in Siem Reap province and allegedly gave him a warning. Provincial

  • Man arrested for fake PM endorsement

    The owner of currency exchange company GCG Asia Co Ltd was temporarily detained by the court yesterday for attempted fraud after Prime Minister Hun Sen reacted to the company using his name and pictures to allege his endorsement of the firm. Phnom Penh Municipal Court

  • Sihanoukville authority orders structure dismantled

    The Preah Sihanouk provincial administration has ordered owners of two unauthorised construction sites to immediately dismantle them and warned of legal action if the owners failed to comply. Ly Chet Niyom, development management and construction bureau chief at the provincial hall, told The Post on