Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - The Phnom Penh Post officially launches app

The Phnom Penh Post officially launches app

Content image - Phnom Penh Post
The Post’s digital development team poses with Chief Executive Officer Ly Tayseng (third from right), Chief Operating Officer James Ong (right), development team leader Uong Ratana (second from right) and Executive Editor-in-Chief Joshua Purushotman (third from left). Hong Menea

The Phnom Penh Post officially launches app

The Phnom Penh Post officially launched its mobile app on Wednesday, a move CEO Ly Tayseng hailed as a step forward in the company’s audience reach, corporate growth and digital ambitions.

With the English version called The Phnom Penh Post and Post Khmer the Khmer version, the apps are available for free in Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store.

Tayseng said that with the apps’ launch, the public can easily follow the news on their phones and instantly share it with family and friends.

“Cambodians are on average 24 years old. They are digitally savvy, with most having at least one smartphone, which they also use to access news and information more than through any other means.

“By launching our app, we are keeping up with our growing readership by extending their access to the news that matters through a digital format. Now the public can get breaking news at their fingertips in Cambodia and globally,” Tayseng said.

However, he said diehard fans of The Post need not worry as the newspaper will continue to be printed in both languages.

He also thanked The Post’s loyal readers and customers for their continued support, and the digital team for their hard work over the past two months in designing user-friendly apps in two languages.

Chief Operating Officer James Ong said that to celebrate the launch of the mobile apps, special rates will be offered to advertisers. “The rates will run until July 31. We foresee huge potential for our advertisers to tap into the market with our audience base,” he said.

Ong said that based on a survey, the mobile apps are expected to attract at least one million downloads within a reasonable period.

“We will be promoting it through our Facebook page – The Phnom Penh Post for the English version and Post Khmer for the Khmer version – in-house newspaper advertisements, Twitter and our website,” he said.

The Khmer language website, he said, currently has 4.5 million hits, while the English version has 2.5 million. “With our mobile apps, we are confident we can attain even higher numbers,” Ong said.

MOST VIEWED

  • Temi tourism project approved by the CDC

    The $500.4 million Tourism, Ecological, Marine and International (Temi) tourism project has been approved by the Council for the Development of Cambodia (CDC), according to a notice on its Facebook page on Monday. The project is part of Chinese-owned Union City Development Group Co Ltd’s (

  • Rainsy will return at ‘favourable time’

    Opposition figure Sam Rainsy on Saturday suggested he would not return to Cambodia as he had previously promised, saying that like liberators King Father Norodom Sihanouk and Charles de Gaulle, he would only do so at a “favourable time”. “I will go back to Cambodia

  • NagaWorld casino sees net profit of more than $390M last year

    Phnom Penh’s NagaWorld casino posted a 53 per cent net profit increase last year at $390.6 million, a sum which is almost equal to the combined net profit of all Cambodian commercial banks in 2017. NagaWorld’s parent company, NagaCorp Ltd, is listed on the Hong Kong

  • US Embassy urged to stop ‘disrespecting sovereignty’

    The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation called on the US Embassy in Phnom Penh on Saturday to respect the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations after it called former opposition leader Kem Sokha “an innocent man” – a move deemed to be “disrespecting Cambodia’s