Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Post Media taps Alex Odom as new CEO

Post Media taps Alex Odom as new CEO

Post Media taps Alex Odom as new CEO

Post Media, parent company of the Phnom Penh Post and its sister publication Post Khmer, has a new CEO.

Alex Odom, who previously served as Post Media’s chief financial officer, brings with him a strong track record in Southeast Asia’s financial sector.

Prior to joining the company in early 2015, he logged significant time as an adviser, consultant, investor and executive in Laos and, more recently, Myanmar.

In the past year, Odom has driven increased operational and financial efficiencies across the board at the award-winning Post, Cambodia’s oldest English-language newspaper.

His impact on arrival was immediate, publisher and chairman Bill Clough said yesterday.

“Alex is held in high esteem by our entire staff, and after watching the way he’s handled operations over the past year, I knew I’d found the right man to lead Post Media through a rapidly changing media landscape.

We’re incredibly excited for what the future holds with Alex at the helm.”

Odom yesterday expressed enthusiasm for his newly expanded role.

“I’m honoured and grateful for the opportunity to lead such an exceptional and long-standing organisation,” Odom said.

“The Post has always been known for providing independent and intelligent journalism and I look forward to continuing that historic tradition.”

MOST VIEWED

  • Breaking: US House passes 'Cambodia Democracy Act'

    The US House of Representatives in Washington, DC, on Monday, passed the “HR 526 Cambodia Democracy Act”, also known as the Cambodia Democracy Act of 2019. If signed off by the president, the bill will allow two major sets of action to be taken against high-ranking Cambodian

  • ‘Zero-dollar’ tours under fire

    Minister of Tourism Thong Khon has blamed “zero-dollar” tour operators for the decrease in foreign tourists to Angkor Archaeological Park in the first half of this year and has called for action against them. Angkor Archaeological Park received 1.24 million foreign visitors in the first half

  • Breaking: Rubbish found packed inside 83 containers at S'ville port

    Eighty-three containers packed with rubbish were broken open at Sihanoukville Autonomous Port by joint authorities on Tuesday. The origin of the containers has yet to be ascertained, Ministry of Environment spokesman Neth Pheaktra said. Pheaktra, who is also the ministry’s secretary of state, said

  • Some jobs off limits to foreigners from August

    Beginning from the second week of August, foreigners will be banned from driving taxis and tuk-tuks, as well as being motorcycle delivery drivers, street food vendors, hairdressers and product distributors among other lower-income jobs. Some white-collar jobs such as the head of human resources will