Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Raid fails to reveal any illegal wildlife in home

Raid fails to reveal any illegal wildlife in home

Raid fails to reveal any illegal wildlife in home

A 21-year-old man was arrested yesterday for obstructing justice after he refused wildlife officials entry into his home to investigate claims he was illegally keeping wild animals.

Last month, eight officials from Wild Aid got a court order to search Phal Teng Te’s house in Koh Kong’s Sre Ambel district, but he refused to let them in, according to investigating judge Kham Sophary.

Te was summonsed to court yesterday, where he was questioned and arrested. “At last, the group of Wild Aid and the court did not find any illegal wild animals in his house. But some forestry fruits were seized,” Kong Chet, a Licadho provincial coordinator, said.

MOST VIEWED

  • Ministers to tackle sea pollutants

    Preah Sihanouk provincial authorities and members of local communities have collected 77 tonnes of water hyacinth at a Sihanoukville beach, Preah Sihanouk Provincial Hall spokesperson Or Saroeun said. He told The Post yesterday that the aquatic weeds had been floating along some of the province’s

  • EU timber deal in firing line

    A committee of more than 20 national and international organisations filed a petition to the EU on October 10 to prevent it from signing a timber trade agreement with Vietnam, noting that the deal would be disastrous to the Kingdom’s forests. The petition claims Vietnamese timber

  • Kim Sok to keep up fight ‘for change’ from Finland

    Kim Sok, wanted by the Kingdom’s authorities for defaming the government, reiterated on Sunday his determination to continue helping to make “a real change” to Cambodian politics after receiving asylum in Finland, even as a government spokesman mocked the political analyst over the development.

  • PM: Programme to recover Vietnam War missing back on

    Prime Minister Hun Sen has announced the resumption of the MIA programme to recover the remains of American service personnel missing after action on Cambodian soil during the Vietnam War. The programme was suspended for more than a year after the US government imposed visa