Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Siem Reap pub crawl trial date set for Britsh party host




Siem Reap pub crawl trial date set for Britsh party host

A photo posted by the National Police of the 10 foreigners detained in January for "producing pornographic photographs" in Siem Reap. National Police
A photo posted by the National Police of the 10 foreigners detained in January for "producing pornographic photographs" in Siem Reap. National Police

Siem Reap pub crawl trial date set for Britsh party host

The lone foreign national still jailed after being arrested in January alongside nine others at a pool party in Siem Reap is scheduled to see his case tried in court on March 15.

British national Daniel Jones is facing charges of “producing pornography”, after Siem Reap anti-human trafficking police arrested the revellers at a pool party linked to a pub crawl called Let’s Get Wet.

All of those arrested besides Jones, 30, were given bail on the condition they left the country. No credible evidence to support the “pornography” charges has been provided by the court or police.

Court spokesman Yin Srang yesterday would only confirm that the trial will take place on March 15, refusing to comment further on the case.

Immediately following the arrests, the National Police released photos of men and women in sexually suggestive positions, but fully clothed, with the suspects and their lawyers saying the images were from another party that took place years earlier.

One of the partygoers, who was immediately released after the raid, told The Post earlier this month that the party had not involved any nudity or drugs.

MOST VIEWED

  • PM: West unfair to Cambodia

    Prime Minister Hun Sen released a message celebrating the International Day of Peace on Monday, saying that some major powers and western countries had been systemically cooperating to put political pressure on Cambodia as they did in the 1970s and 1980s. Hun Sen said pressuring

  • First ‘mobile kitchen’ in Cambodia enters service

    A catering company recently rolled out Cambodia’s first “mobile kitchen” – a $50,000 container capable of serving up to 200 people at a time. The kitchen is the brainchild of Seng Hok Heng Catering Services. At 4.4m-high, 6.8m-long and 2.4m-wide (expandable to 6.8m), the kitchen is equipped

  • Kingdom, China rebut basis for US sanctions

    The Council for the Development of Cambodia, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, and Tianjin Union Investment Development Group Co Ltd (Tianjin) have responded to US sanctions on Union Development Group Co Ltd (UDG), a Chinese-owned company currently developing the sprawling $3.8 billion Dara

  • Influenza breaks out in eight provinces

    Nearly 600 people have been infected with influenza in eight provinces in the past month, Ministry of Health spokesperson Or Vandine said. The ministry is advising extreme caution. A report released by Vandine on Saturday said the Ministry of Health observed transmissions of influenza between August 15

  • CNRP activist freed; Sam Rainsy pledges return to Kingdom

    The Phnom Penh Municipal Court on Monday released former CNRP activist Oeur Narith on bail after the court ended its questioning on suspicion of receiving money from abroad and plotting to overthrow the government, according to the authorities. National Police spokesman Chhay Kim Khoeun confirmed

  • Hun Sen says developing nations ‘targets of rivalry’

    Prime Minister Hun Sen spoke at the virtual UN General Assembly on Monday, saying that developing nations often become targets of punishment for their imperfections when they don’t rise to the standards of developed countries. He said rivalries between superpowers often hamper developing countries’