The Ministry of Health and the World Health Organisation announced last week that the country is now facing local transmission of the influenza A(H1N1) virus, commonly known as swine flu.
A joint statement released last week said five new cases were discovered to have been contracted within the country.
"Five Cambodians were confirmed as having contracted the virus locally with no history of travel or contact with travellers," the statement read.
As of August 31, the number of laboratory-confirmed cases of swine flu in Cambodia had risen to 31.
Sok Touch, director of the Anti-communicable Disease Department at the Ministry of Health, said Sunday that the ministry will release an updated number of laboratory-confirmed H1N1 cases every week on Friday.
He confirmed that the number of people affected by the swine flu virus has remained the same, and that no one has died.
The ministry has also requested that members of the public stay at home if they develop flu-like symptoms and call the Ministry of Health hotline for further advice and guidance at 012 488 981 or 089 669 567.
The statement added that further measures were needed.
"In an effort to slow down the spread of the disease in Cambodia, individuals who test positive for new influenza A(H1N1) will be requested to undergo treatment and isolation either at home or at a hospital for seven days from onset of symptoms," it said.